How does a student return to a comprehensive high school?
In June, students participate in a self-assessment project, which includes their placement choice for the following year and a personal evaluation of their academic progress. The Madrone High School staff reviews the students’ self-assessments and then evaluates the performance of each student. To be recommended for re-enrollment in a comprehensive high school program, the staff considers the following:
- How many credits are needed for graduation?
- What courses are remaining?
- Has there been improvement in learning habits?
- Has the student participated in the extra credit homework program?
- Strengths and weaknesses of the student.
The recommendations are provided to the school administrators and are mailed to the parents of each student. Madrone’s principal communicates with each comprehensive high school principal regarding the students’ enrollment status and sets an appointment for the change of placement/enrollment of each student.